Reporting to; Hospital Business Manager
Location; Hertfordshire Bedfordshire and North London
Tenure; Full-time, permanent
- To promote products assigned to the Hospital specialist team as defined by the Company to clinical and non-clinical staff in allocated units within territory boundaries.
- To maximise the business benefit, sales and profit, through the local implementation of marketing strategy. Decision Making Authority
- Prepares and implements business plan, incorporating a key account analysis for allocated accounts.
- Decides on the allocation of promotional budget.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare territory business plan to meet all objectives relating to revenue and activity.
- Liaise effectively with co-promotion partners including: joint business planning, communication and management of the partnering process at territory level, as required
- Demonstrate full understanding of product strategies, marketing plan and communication objectives.
- Develop long term business relationships through regular contact with relevant physicians, NHS clinical managers and other staff to maximise business opportunities in both the secondary sector and relevant tiers of the primary care sector.
- Monitor own sales v. target, activity v. target and spend v. budget Give feedback to RBM at agreed intervals.
- Develop KOLs and product champions, maintain a list of speakers and co-ordinate speaker meetings and symposia through close liaison with HRBM and other colleagues
- Utilise appropriate IT based control systems to monitor business activities.
- Ensure the implementation of quality practices (eg record cards, territory business plans, daily journey plans, product knowledge assessments etc).
- Facilitate communication and exchange of information between all regional team members and marketing teams to ensure maximum awareness and share best practice within the business unit
- Achieve an acceptable level of understanding of all relevant training/marketing materials.
- Comply with the ABPI Code for all territory based activities.
- Carry out other related tasks as requested by the HRBMSKILLS & KNOWLEDGEMinimum
- A proven track record of pharmaceutical sales success (primary & secondary care)
- Strong proven aptitude for secondary care sector promotional work including experience of product launches and formulary success
- Analytical and challenging mind.
- Commercial awareness.
- Networking skills.
- Degree level education.
- ABPI passed
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Business planning skillsDesirable
- Experience of key account management.
- Experience of working at HA level Norgine is a leading European specialist pharmaceutical company with a direct commercial presence in all major European markets. In 2017, Norgine’s total net sales were EUR 345 million, up 17 per cent.Norgine employs over 1,000 people across its commercial, development and manufacturing operations and manages all aspects of product development, production, marketing, sale and supply.
Norgine specialises in gastroenterology, hepatology, cancer and supportive care.
Norgine is headquartered in the Netherlands. Norgine owns a R&D site in Hengoed, Wales and two manufacturing sites in Hengoed, Wales and Dreux, France.
For more information, please visit www.norgine.com
In 2012, Norgine established a complementary business Norgine Ventures, supporting innovative healthcare companies through the provision of debt-like financing in Europe and the US. For more information, please visit www.norgineventures.com.
NORGINE and the sail logo are trademarks of the Norgine group of companies.
Please note that we do try to provide specific feedback to all applications, however sometimes due to the volume of applications received we can respond only to those candidates who best match the position requirements.