Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Manager
Identification and realisation of improvement opportunities within the supply chain to increase customer service levels, team efficiency and where possible reduce costs.
Specifically this role will be required to deliver:
- Coaching and mentoring to develop LEAN / CI expertise in the Supply Chain
- Leadership of key supply chain projects delivering operational efficiency and ensuring sustainability of the improvements
- Management of the SC roadmap, supporting the SC Director in strategy development
- Identification and prioritisation of opportunities for improvement through the provision of SC Modelling / analysis.
- Supporting SC process design to develop the Norgine best practises
- Ensure Norgine Supply Chain meets all quality and regulatory compliance
- Ensure that IT tools (e.g. E1, PreActor, ..) are fit for purpose and eventually lead improvement projects
This role is accountable for the development of LEAN / CI expertise / thinking within the Supply Chain. It will be a role model for change through the delivery of CI projects
This role is responsible for the identification and coordination of improvement opportunities within the E2E supply chain. It will define the SC KPI dashboard and use this as the indicator to prioritise improvement opportunities.
- Leadership of supply chain improvement projects, for example development of inventory cube in business reporting system
- Continuous development of Norgine E2E Supply Chain processes, for example: NPDI, Order to Cash
- Development and subsequent generation of a monthly Supply Chain KPI dashboard
- Data analysis and reporting
- Weekly / monthly generation of key reports, including but not exclusively: inventory forecast, warehouse capacity requirements
- Ad hoc data analysis and reporting
- Coaching and mentoring of the SC team to support them in CI initiatives
- Ad hoc issue investigation, root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- Map current processes, define, implement and measure improvements
- Identify and improve areas and processes of interdepartmental reliance, communication and collaboration.
- Programme management of supply chain projects and initiatives
- Ensure supply chain compliance is sustained through rigorous health checks and the speedy conclusion of identified issues
- Ensure that IT tools (e.g. E1, PreActor, ..) are fit for purpose and when required lead improvement projects
- S&OP and Customer Services & Distribution
- CI Community
- Corporate Finance, IT, M&S Planning teams and commercial entities
Educated to degree level and can demonstrate experience within Supply Chain Management.
Continuous improvement orientated – lean manufacturing or green belt accreditation preferable
Problem solving and customer focussed individual with strong leadership qualities, project management and excellent communication skills.
Excellent analytical skills
Experience of implementing change within organisations
Strategic thinker with an analytical mind set.
Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Team player who can work cross functionally.
Good influencing and interpersonal skills.
Computer literate with experience of ERP systems and Microsoft Office applications.
CLOSING DATE - 25th MARCH 2019