Global Technical Engineer - 12 Month Fixed Term
To assess existing production processes, identify improvements and then successfully implement them by planning, organising and controlling all elements of the Improvement projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Attend daily production meetings (when required) to understand current production issues to help identify improvement opportunities and prioritisation.
- Undertake root cause analysis of production equipment failures to identify cause of failure and develop medium / long-term improvements.
- Undertake analysis of product / material related issues in relation to equipment / process performance.
- Lead improvement projects including site CAPEX and Site Process Improvement Roadmap projects. For projects incorporating new equipment provision, this includes both offsite activities e.g. factory acceptance testing, as well and on site activities.
- Liaise with suppliers in solving complex issues.
- Management and coordination of equipment change / improvement trials.
- Ensuring all the necessary compliance activities and documentation are included in the projects.
- Reduce production costs and improve efficiencies through improvement projects.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities.
- Determines project specifications by studying product/process design, customer requirements and performance standards, completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedules by defining key activities, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring progress, coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project costs and prepares project status reports and as appropriate recommends actions.
- Full compliance with Norgine’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated use of DMAIC and CI toolkit.
Report directly to the Global Technical Head of Engineering – with close support provided to the other functions within the GTM team.
- Work cross functionally to support the GTM team on approved projects with representatives from global and local departments.
- Progress reporting support of project status to Global Technical Management & Project Sponsors
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering / science discipline.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both oral, written and presentation). Ability to influence both at an individual and group level.
- Trained and certified as a “Lean / Six Sigma Green belt.
- A proven self-starter with a high degree of initiative, ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong teamwork and interaction skills required.
- Proven ability in Project Management.
- Disciplined and enthusiastic approach that motivates others.
- Proven ability in the use of Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Thorough working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Computer literacy i.e. MS Office, MS Project.