Global Technology Analyst (F/M)
Global Technology Analyst
Reporting to; IT Technical Manager
Tenure; Full-time, permanent
The individual will be responsible for working within the IT Engagement teams to provide advice and guidance on IT Technology related matters. Stability and reliability of the technical systems underpinning the services use to support business processes is the principle accountability to the job holder. The job holder will seek to implement IT solutions that are robust, “fit for purpose” and add value to meet the key objectives of reducing waste and globally harmonising processes.
The Global Technology Analyst will be a member the architecture review team, who are responsible for advising on the technology strategy for the organisation and documenting the technology standards to be adopted across the IT Operations Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with the IT Engagement teams to develop and document the technical services which support their business functions.
- Provide a 4th level technical support/guidance on one (or more) of the following disciplines, Oracle E1 CNC support, Database Management (Oracle/SQL), Optimisation of VM environment and SAN storage, Networking Security, Infrastructure or Exchange Management.
- Provide technical lead on projects with an IT infrastructure impact, to ensure a standardised approach is taken with the IT services supporting the business application.
- Provide 3rd/4th line technical support across allotted hardware/software platforms, including managing to resolution any touch points within IT Infrastructure and third parties that impact the business ability to use the application.
- Take a Project Management role on new, modified or replacement projects identified by the Continuous Service Improvement team.
- Drawing up specific proposals for new, modified or replacements IT systems to support the improvement and/or automation of business processes.
- Maintain an excellent level of understanding of the business processes and activities of the business functions.
- Maintain an excellent level of understanding of IT systems and technologies that relate to their area of support..
- Where necessary lead a team of IT staff to facilitate the delivery of IT systems and services against an assigned project / objective.
- Where necessary engage with 3rd party suppliers to facilitate the delivery and support of IT systems and services to the business functions.
- Liaising with Global Business Analyst, IT Engagement Managers and other members of IT / Suppliers for issue resolution, remembering that system support will normally be the top priority.
- Working to ensure that any IT system / processes used to support business activities is reliable and stable and remains “fit for purpose”.
- Ensure regular maintenance activities; including software / hardware service packs / licence checks and data restores are performed to ensure that the system remains in compliance and fit for purpose.
- Manage, create and maintain system configuration and WI documentation to support designated services. Documentation must be consistent with GxP and regulatory requirements to the pharmaceutical industry, and in line with Norgine’s IT Quality Management Systems (ITQMS) and Project Methodology – MECHANO.
- Provide system training to the Service Delivery support teams when required.
- Participate and lead technical requirement workshops
- Ability to take ownership of issues and get them resolved using initiative
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Specific application knowledge as determined in job advertisement to support allotted business area;
- Knowledge of business theory and proven ability of mapping business processes to identify process inefficiencies;
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly language;
- Proven ability to prioritise based on business need;
- Change management skills
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of working in a heavily regulated environment is an advantage;
- Project Management skills is desirable
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Service and customer oriented in approach and manner.
- Knowledge of structured systems analysis, design and development methodologies;
- Track record of delivering proven reliable, robust applications to business needs;
- Ability to work calmly and methodically under pressure;
- Attitude of continuous system improvement;
- ITIL Awareness
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Working knowledge of French/German is an advantage;