Global Medical Advisor
The primary purpose of the role is to provide medical support for designated products, both marketed and in the immediate pre-launch phase.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- On behalf of global medical: providing medical support for strategic brand plan development and execution including market access activities. Medical input into and review of Regulatory applications and variations, including preparation of Medical Expert Statements and Clinical Overviews in conjunction with Medical Writing.
- Final signatory for UK and European codes of practice
- Development and review of Medical Information, training and marketing materials.
- Provide central review of and support for Phase IV studies including health economic and real world data programmes.
- Review of IIS proposals including liaison with business partners on study review. Liaison with PV Physicians to ensure safety reporting requirements from company-supported IIS, NIS and market research studies are met.
- Liaise with development staff and support of activities relevant to products supported.
Key Committee Memberships:
- Brand Teams for products supported
- Medical representative on Brand and project teams.
- Labelling Committee
- May include organising and participation in advisory boards, KOL development and support, publication planning, public relations activities, liaison with patient groups.
- Deliver medical elements of training as required both internally and to appropriate external stakeholders
- The job holder is accountable for the delivery of medical support for designated products to the global team. He or she is responsible for carrying out the copy approval in compliance with applicable Codes and Company standards.
- Support joint management committees with external partner companies
- Global Brand Manager(s)
- Affiliate Medical Affairs staff
- Global Pharmacovigilance,
- Central Medical Affairs
- Medical Writing
- Business Development where designated products involve partner companies
- External Partner Companies
Behaviours and Skills
- Possesses the emotional intelligence and diplomacy to operate effectively at senior levels across Norgine
- Organised approach to work and able to prioritise work effectively
- Able to communicate accurately and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Confident presentation skills
- Effective member of teams, but also able to work well independently
- Able to rapidly assess information and reach conclusions or formulate further questions to ask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong decision making and influencing skills
- High quality written outputs such as letters, reports etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Primary medical qualification and in possession of GMC UK registration or licence to practice in an EU country
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role within industry
- Knowledge of regulations as applicable to the provision of medical information to healthcare professionals and members of the public
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations, Codes of Practice, GVP, GCP, as applicable to the role.
Knowledge and skills should be maintained by appropriate update and training.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job; not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks and duties. Norgine reserves the right to change responsibilities to meet business and organisational needs as necessary.