Associate Director of Business Development
To manage the process for late stage evaluations of new product opportunities for Norgine and managing due diligence teams
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To manage the evaluation and progression of opportunities through NPC-BD until deal signing
- To be a functional due diligence expert and to incorporate industry best practise into the Norgine processes
- To manage due diligence teams and to support the activities of individual team members.
- To project manage the due diligences, set up SharePoint sites, coordinate expert assessments, prepare diligence updates for internal committees, organise team meetings, track progress and ensure diligence members complete actions, liaise with external parties, coordinate exchange of information between third parties and Norgine
- To make recommendations based upon the due diligence findings on whether Norgine should progress with an opportunity and to identify key opportunities and risks
- To produce written reports and/or PowerPoint presentations summarising the results and to present them clearly and concisely to the key Norgine stakeholders
- To organise NPC-BD including agreeing the agenda, preparation of briefing materials and finalisation of the minutes
- To continuously review the DD process and document templates to make sure that the tools are fit for purpose and used by experts (DD Project Charter, DD report, Questions Log & Issues Log)
- To be actively involved in the C&BD Foundation training
- To support the Director, Business Development and the Chief Business Development Officer
The job holder will conduct work for and have key relationships with:
- Director, Business Development
- Other members of C&BD
- Due diligence teams
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Educated to at least degree level and with a good knowledge of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
- Good managerial skills with the ability to organise and manage due diligence teams.
- Ability to make concise, clear recommendations to the Norgine Business Development and Executive teams.