Payroll Administrator - Fixed Term - December 2019, 25 hours / week
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist Payroll Supervisor with the monthly payroll process for Norgine Limited, Norgine Pharmaceuticals Limited, NVML and Pensioners (approximately 800 employees in total), and to assist the Hengoed Financial Accounting team in other areas of Financial Accounting.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Run the Auto Enrolment and RTI processes through Peoplesoft in accordance with HMRC regulations.
- Completion of P45/P46/P6 forms in accordance with HMRC regulations and ensure they are processed correctly through the PeopleSoft system.
- Calculation and deductions of Student Loan repayments according to HMRC regulations, ensuring prompt payments over to HMRC.
- Operation of Attachment of Earnings orders received ensuring correct calculation according to net pay and protected earnings bracket. Onward payment of deductions made to appropriate creditor.
- Provide cover for Payroll Supervisor.
- Completion of payroll processes to a deadline of 3 working days before 28th each month, to ensure timely payment via BACS.
- Compiling and posting monthly journals to record payroll transactions in the general ledger.
- Reconciliation of key payroll related balance sheet and profit & loss accounts on a monthly basis.
- Keep up to date holiday & sickness records for Finance department
Company and Statutory Sick Pay
- Input dates from sick notes onto people soft, scan and save notes in individuals folders.
- Checking calculation of Statutory Sick Pay ensuring correct amount paid to the number of sick days taken for period of incapacity of work.
- Issuing of SSP1 forms for employees who have exceeded SSP entitlement.
- Maintaining sickness payments for Statutory Sick Pay and Company Sick Pay within the PeopleSoft system ensuring calculations and number of days paid is correct and does not exceed entitlement. Issuing SSP 1 forms for employees who have exceeded SSP entitlement.
Statutory Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Input Maternity dates onto people soft, scan and save notes in individuals folders.
- Calculate Statutory and Company Maternity Pay/Paternity Pay. Ensure SMP and SPP calculated and paid in accordance with earnings, length of service and HMRC regulations.
- Calculation and reclaim of 92% of Statutory Maternity and Paternity pay from National Insurance Contributions due to HMRC on a monthly basis.
- Assist Payroll Supervisor with processing and administration of Employee and Employer pension contributions.
- Reporting of pension contribution information to Pension Administrators on a monthly basis and assisting with any queries as required.
- Upload pension files to Aegon for payment
- Inputting overtime from departmental timesheets or emails ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Importing shift premium data into payroll system ensuring correct calculation according to relevant shift premium rate.
- Check electronic timesheets and update accordingly.
Other Payroll Activities
- Calculation of salary increases. Includes basic salary, hourly rates, pension contributions and differences in overtime and shift premiums.
- Assist Payroll Supervisor in other payroll activities as required.
- Apply rigorous financial control over all aspects of payroll, ensuring full compliance in all areas.
Excellent teamwork within and across Finance Accounting and the wider Norgine organisation
- Close collaboration with key Norgine personnel, ability to work successfully in a matrix organisation.
- Development of strong working relationship with Payroll Supervisor.
- Establish effective working relationships with Norgine personnel in remote locations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- External relationships as appropriate, e.g. HMRC, JLT.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Previous payroll experience required, including exposure to shift payments, overtime, bonuses.
- A good working knowledge of income tax, National Insurance, SMP, SSP, and current HMRC legislation.
- Experience of other Finance areas, e.g. book-keeping or reconciliations, would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Able to meet demanding schedules and deadlines
- Result oriented
- Good awareness of internal controls
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work schedule
- A team player