IT M&S Manager
The IT M&S Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of all IT systems used to support this critical manufacturing site (including staffing, budgeting and other relevant management functions) and is required to hold all other IT supporting functions accountable for providing first class resilient, customer service led and compliant services and systems and contribute to development of the IT organisation to ensure it becomes the recognised champion of information provision. You will also be an integral member of the site leadership team (SLT) in Hengoed.
- Provide management, leadership and direction to the team and Hengoed site to ensure that the IT systems and services provided significantly contribute to the site achieving its goals.
- Overseeing support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and Governance to ensure the systems perform as expected in production.
- Represent the business functions needs within IT and ensure that activities are aligned to Business needs and objectives.
- Manage relationships with business leaders, major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organisation.
- Ensure that continual system updates can be taken as part of Business as Usual whilst working with stakeholders to accomplish this in a way that improves the business and minimises its ongoing support costs.
- Ensures systems remain compliant and supported throughout their lifecycle of operation.
- Gain a deep understanding of the business and its processes to ensure the business has confidence in IT and believe that IT are an effective partner.
- Identification of opportunities for improvement and removal of non-value added activities.
- Manage staff, assets, structure and budget to provide a customer focused site IT Team of high standards.
- Set and agree key accountabilities, standards of performance and personal objectives for all team members.
- Monitor, regularly review and provide feedback on performance of staff.
- Maintain IT resources and ensure completeness of control and traceability.
- Share expertise within the Norgine network across all sites.
- Build an effective site IT team which consistently manages and meets customer expectations.
- Partner with the business to facilitate a standardised approach to common IT issues/opportunities
- Effectively communicate with business and IT colleagues in different offices and from different cultures (international travel will be required).
- Maintain up to date process documentation, to meet the requirements of documentary evidence for the implementation of systems.
- Be an ambassador for change within the IT function, working collaboratively to ensure the IT functions integration throughout organisation.
- Maintain an effective Out of Hours service.
Where required the job holder may need to deputise for the IT Team Leader.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate with other practical experience or business qualification.
- Proven track record of leading and developing teams and individuals in a compliance driven environment.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven record of building and managing technical teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrable capability to remain ‘hands-on’ in the short-term whilst also driving the function forwards as a leader.
- Proven track record of leading and completing IT projects
- Extensive IT experience, preferably in a global company with a high level and practical understanding of a manufacturing environment.
- Commercial and business acumen as well as high technical awareness in the concept and implementation of technology and systems.
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Very good communication skills.
- Attitude of continuous improvement.
KEY CHARACTER TRAITS
- Positive outlook.
- Driven to challenge the ‘AS IS’ to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with the customers.
- Emotionally Intelligent.
- Adaptable to change at short notice.