IT Team Leader Amsterdam
The IT Team Leader Amsterdam will be responsible for ensuring the IT Support team are meeting or exceeding the Service Level Agreements in place with the business, by ensuring all customer incidents and requests are effectively recorded, prioritized and resolved.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The IT Team Leader Amsterdam will ensure the team adhere to IT Governance policies/procedures and when necessary provide guidance to the team.
- The individual will also act a single point of contact between the business and the Global IT Service Manager.
- He will instil a culture of continuous improvement within the team and strive to make processes and practices as efficient and effective as possible by constructively challenging “non-value” added activities while still ensuring compliance with Norgine policies/procedures.
- The IT Team leader will also provide project management expertise on projects agreed by the Global IT Service Manager.
- Where required the job holder may need to deputise Global IT Service Manager
- The job holder can acting in a capacity on behalf of Norgine BV, Norgine NV, Norgine de España S.L for IT aspects during inspections/audits.
The job holder will be responsible for providing proactive IT support on the following key areas:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for all aspects of the IT infrastructure at regional level .
- Provide IT training when required
- Raise and track non stock IT purchasing in line with the approved budget and forecast and ensure the delivery of the IT orders.
- Ensure Service Desk incidents/request are resolved effectively and within the agreed SLA.
- Responsible for the administration of AD accounts
- Responsible for completing daily, weekly and monthly admin task
- Responsible for back up process on site.
- LAN / WAN support.
- Manage third party companies (maintenance and support).
- Monitoring of call management to SLA targets daily ensuring a high degree of ownership within the team through to resolution.
- Encourage and nurture an environment where the team are motivated and customer focused.
- Ensure BAU activities are balanced within the team.
- Ensure the team meet or exceed service delivery targets.
- Assist the team with service desk calls at peak times or when directed.
- Set and agree key accountabilities, standards of performance and personal objectives for all subordinates.
- Monitor, regularly review and provide feedback on performance of subordinates.
- Identify opportunities for IT process improvement and lead process improvement initiatives to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of those processes and procedures.
- Work with other Team Leaders and IT Service Manager to develop and deliver Service Improvement Projects.
- Instil practices and controls that add value to internal processes while ensuring compliance to Global policies are maintained.
- Identify and dealt with risks in a planned and controlled manner.
- Ensure IT changes are effectively recorded, managed and closed.
- Share/disseminate knowledge effectively across the team and maintain good communication with all colleagues with regards to incidents that impact service or with solutions that could benefit the wider IT Team.
- Maintain an excellent level of understanding of the business processes and activities of the business functions.
- Manage allocated cost centre budgets
- Approve purchase order
- Lead a team of IT staff to facilitate the delivery of IT systems and services against an assigned project / objective where necessary.
- Assist / coach the project implementation teams in the execution of verification/test activities.
- Provide governance on all aspects of change delivery to ensure that plans are reasonable, risks are managed and progress is made in line with the agreed plans.
- Engage with 3rd party suppliers to facilitate the delivery and support of IT systems and services to the business functions where necessary.
- All Key users and stakeholders.
- IT Team – Global Infrastructure, Global Technology, IT engagement and Local IT teams.
- Major Customers and Suppliers, as required.
- Direct Report – Global IT Service Manager.
- Matrix reporting - IT Global Infrastructure team and IT engagement team (working on their projects)
- IT Governance Staff (liaise for documentation and change management guidance)
- BS degree, or diploma, in a relevant field.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Dutch
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of IT in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven Project management experience and a knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of GxP, GAMP and regulatory guidelines is highly desirable.
- Experience of leading a small team is desirable.
- Experience of 5S and Six Sigma principles is desirable.
- Effective team player with a natural ability to take the lead.
- Proven ability to prioritize based on business need.
- Ability to mentor and develop a team effectively.
- Attitude of continuous system improvement.
- Ability to drive improved performance in delivery and customer service.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and influencing/negotiating skills.
- High level of professional credibility with the skills required to develop strong alliances and partnerships, internally and externally.
- Ability to maintain a positive, confident and professional front in all situations.
- A competent level of hardware/software troubleshooting ability.
- Energetic with genuine enthusiasm for the role and driven in approach.
- Imagination, drive and verve and a determination to make a difference.
- Strong analytical approach, excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to debate issues in a constructive manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail with well-developed coordination skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels is required and experience working within cross-functional teams.