Global IT Support Analyst
The Global IT Support Analyst will provide 2nd / 3rd line technical and project support for Infrastructure hardware and services used to support business applications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for providing 2nd / 3rd line technical support to the Service Delivery and Application Support teams across allotted hardware/software platforms.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and on-going patching of physical and virtual servers in the datacentres and regional offices.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation which supports infrastructure and supported services.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and adoption of industry best practises.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
- The role holder will act generally on behalf of all Norgine legal entities including without limitation, inspection/audits etc.
- Ensure regular maintenance activities; including software / hardware service packs / license checks and data restores are performed to ensure that the system remains in compliance and fit for purpose.
- Where necessary, engage with 3rd party suppliers/vendors to facilitate the delivery and support of IT systems and services to the business functions.
- Provide system training to the Service Delivery support teams when required.
- To assist IT Engagement teams with Infrastructure related queries for new projects and existing systems.
- To assist with day to day investigation and resolution of incidents escalated by the Service Delivery team.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly centralised backups complete to schedule(s).
- Ensure disruption to critical business service is minimised by ensuring the underpinning hardware and infrastructure is effectively monitored for both capacity and performance.
- Ensure infrastructure hardware and software is patched in line with the IT patching strategy.
- Work with the Service Delivery team to ensure effective problem investigation and resolution, ensuring that final fixes are put in place where appropriate.
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer (where applicable) to the Service Delivery team to ensure known issues are resolved by 1st line support. Where necessary provide supporting documentation and training.
- Work with Global IT Technology team to provide technical support on all projects with an IT Infrastructure impact.
- Assist Global Infrastructure Services Manager and Global IT Technical Analysts to maintain external datacentre hardware.
- This role will work with 1st / 2nd line Service Desk support and Application teams to ensure the effective resolution of incidents and requests. The role will work closely with Global IT Technology team to support upgrades to existing services/hardware and implementation of new services.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of providing 2nd / 3rd line support.
- IT and/or Microsoft Qualification (MCSE, MCSA, CCNA etc.).
- Strong background in Windows Server 2008, Server 2012 (R2) & Server 2016.
- Extensive experience of VMWare and Hyper-V virtualisation software, including blade infrastructure.
- In-depth Active Directory skills.
- Intermediate to advanced technical experience of two or more of the following technologies:
- Networking experience including Cisco Meraki hardware DHCP, TCP/IP, firewall routing knowledge and methodologies.
- Server/network performance and capacity monitoring.
- SAN Storage experience including LUN management, preferable with HP 3PAR and IBM Storwiz.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Microsoft Skype for Business.
- Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017.
- Citrix v7
- Oracle Database
- ITIL Awareness.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good team player with proven ability to prioritise workload based on business needs.
- Excellent attention to detail with positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically under pressure.
- Attitude of continuous system improvement.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Service and customer oriented in approach and manner.
- Knowledge of Datacentre/Server room requirements is an advantage.
- Experience of working in a heavily regulated environment is an advantage.
- French / German speaking advantageous.