IT Senior Support Analyst - Fixed Term - 12 Months
The Senior Support Analyst is responsible for 1st - 3rd line support on all aspects of the IT infrastructure. The role will cover everything from desktop hardware/software through to the Server infrastructure for local areas.
Additional IT project work will be required as part of this role, to provide technical knowledge and hands-on support to build, configure and document supporting IT infrastructure.
The individual will instil a culture of continuous improvement within the team and strive to make processes and practices as efficient and effective as possible by constructively challenging “non-value” added activities while still ensuring compliance with Norgine policies/procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The job holder will be responsible for providing proactive IT support on the following key areas:
- Provide support for all aspects of the IT infrastructure at regional level to ensure maximum uptime in a 24/5 manufacturing environment.
- Ensure effective monitoring of IT Services and propose methods of improving service delivery across the organization.
- Ensure escalated Service Desk incidents/request are resolved effectively and within the agreed SLA.
- Contribute to and follow all IT processes as required by IT Management.
- Actively participate or lead local / global projects as required by IT Management.
- Actively seek and lead process improvements activities either locally or globally as required by IT Management.
- Actively participate or initiate best practice activities with IT colleagues from other teams as required by IT Management.
- Build effective relationships with colleagues and the business to ensure effective IT service delivery.
- LAN / WAN support.
- Coach and mentor other members of the IT team.
- Responsible for all levels of administration and support of regional server systems as directed by IT Management.
- Licence management.
- Maintenance contract management.
- Ensure infrastructure system handover is fully completed for the local IT delivery team.
- Some out of hours working will be required as part of this role.
- Some travel may be required as part of this role.
Where required the job holder may need to deputise for the IT Team Leader
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to convey complex technical points without jargon and in plain English.
- Customer Focused.
- Excellent verbal, written and documentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Attitude of continuous system improvement.
- Reliability, Flexibility, Diligence and Proactive.
- Effective team player with demonstrated experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize based on business needs.
- Ability to mentor and develop a team effectively.
- Ability to drive improved performance in delivery and customer service.
- Ability to maintain a positive, confident and professional front in all situations.
- Energetic with genuine enthusiasm for the role and driven in approach.
- Strong analytical approach, excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to debate issues in a constructive manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail with well-developed coordination skills.
- Must possess a “can do” attitude and be enthusiastic with a positive outlook.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical approach in network LAN/WAN issues resolution.
- Technical lead with hands on experience of multi-site/server environment (25+).
- Microsoft Certified MCSA/MCSE / VMware Qualification.
- Supporting and maintaining a virtual environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
- Experience of supporting SQL 2005/2008/2012.
- Experience of SharePoint 2010 or 2013.
- Experience of Skype for Business and DECT.
- Experience of Office 2013 and 2016.
- Knowledge of SSCM/SCOM/Nagios.
- Experience of hands-on CISCO / Meraki LAN management and troubleshooting.
- Experience of Citrix.
- Experience of VEEAM and Backup exec.
- Middleware solutions such as: Tomcat; Weblogic; Websphere; BizTalk and IIS.
- Experience of writing detailed URS/SOP/WI/IQ/OQ/PQ documentation.
- Experience of working in a Pharmaceutical/Manufacturing/GxP environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong level of hardware/software troubleshooting ability.
- All Key users and stakeholders.
- IT Team – Global Infrastructure, IT Engagement and Local IT teams.
- Major Customers and Suppliers, as required.
- Direct Report - IT Team Leader.
- Matrix reporting - IT Global Infrastructure team and IT Engagement team (working on their projects).
- IT Governance Staff (liaise for documentation and change management guidance).