Maintenance Technician - Stores Controller
The Stores Controller’s primary purpose is to manage and maintain the engineering stores and carry out day to day Maintenance activities on a small amount of manufacturing and packaging equipment, as directed by the Maintenance Team Leader.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Liaise directly with suppliers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Raise relevant purchase orders for approval.
- Receipting of incoming goods.
- Monitor parts usage and develop min/max levels for all spare parts.
- Ensure spare parts are available and aligned with PPM schedule.
- Ensure the correct storage of Engineering spare parts.
- Carryout zoned cycle counts on a periodic basis to ensure 100% accuracy on annual stock.
- Ensure stores area is 5S compliant at all times.
- Maintenance, repair and setting up of Manufacturing and Packaging equipment in OSD and PEG production areas.
- Manufacture of machine components using workshop equipment such as lathe, milling machine and TIG welder.
- Ensuring maintenance activities comply with company quality policies and site SOP’s.
- Completion of daily maintenance logs and documents.
- Pro-active resolution of frequent production issues.
- To ensure that you are trained to undertake all aspects of your role.
- Ensuring main engineering workshop is 5S compliant at all times.
- Participate in root cause analysis / problem solving activities when requested by the Team Leader.
BEHAVIOURS AND SKILLS
- Computer literacy i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Enterprise 1 (E1).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a disciplined and enthusiastic approach, which captures the commitment of others.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and solve problems.
- Possess a high work standard, always striving to do things better.
- Flexibility in approach to working and problem solving.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative, ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong teamwork and interaction skills required.
- A high degree of knowledge of all Equipment and Maintenance functions.
- Strong awareness of Quality, Production and Engineering requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Engineering Stores function.
- A min ONC or above in a mechanical related subject.
- Experience of PLC and servo driven production and manufacturing machinery.
- Experience in the use of workshop equipment such as lathe and milling machine.
- Experience in TIG welding and sheet metal work.
- Experience working in an automated production environment.
- Basic understanding of “6 Sigma” problem solving techniques.