Executive PA to the Chief Operating Officer - 12 month FTC
This role is a 12 month fixed-term contract
To provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the COO, acting as an ambassador and representative for Norgine Executive Management to both internal and external customers at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The ability to take on regular site-based activities, e.g. Harefield Travel Co-ordinator, as well as at times membership of other Global Project Teams.
- Ability to assimilate and transmit information in such a way that the COO or other appropriate individuals are aware of key themes and trends within the company.
- The Executive PA must be able to establish good working relationships with all levels throughout the company.
- Provide support as appropriate to cover absences for the COO’s direct reports and be the point of contact for COO/ HR with respect to senior recruitment, induction, etc.
- To act on behalf of all Norgine legal entities including without limitations when required on inspections/audits etc.
- Objectives and priorities are established with the COO.
- There is no direct supervisory responsibility in the role but the individual is required to use appropriate skills to achieve positive outcomes with others. There is a need to be self-reliant and able to work on own initiative while demonstrating high quality standards.
- The job holder must be able to operate efficiently and without direction when the COO is away from the office.
- When called upon, the job holder is also expected to provide informal coaching and mentoring support to other PAs and Administrators across the organisation as well as providing a role model for these other staff.
- Take overall responsibility for managing an efficient secretarial and administrative service for the COO.
- Co-ordinate, organise and act as secretary of the Executive Team and Central Business Continuity Planning Team (CBCPT) meetings both onsite and offsite. This includes attending, taking and issuing the minutes in a timely manner plus arranging any catering as required.
From time to time this may involve EU travel (approximately twice per year).
- Co-ordinate, and organise monthly Staff Briefings, including collating content, preparing slides and issuing invitations with Skype details for all sites.
- Organise, send invitations and arrange catering for the monthly birthday breakfasts for all Harefield staff.
- Organise and co-ordinate all Vision 2020 meetings and support Corporate Communications with all necessary communications to team and intranet updates as required.
- Designated Egencia local travel co-ordinator creating profiles, communicating travel policies and guidelines, plus dealing with queries and approvals for all Norgine Harefield staff (excluding UK RCU, IT and HR)
- Complete diary management for COO, organise meetings, appointments and telephone conferences and make appropriate travel arrangements.
- Prepare, communicate and publish the Norgine business meetings calendar in September for the coming year.
- Prepare presentation slides in a professional format using appropriate software packages.
- Set up and track purchase orders for the corporate cost centre using the E1 system in line with company policy, ensuring all invoices are receipted and processed in a timely manner.
- Track, prepare and submit the COO’s expenses on a monthly basis.
- Co-ordinate, collate and organise the documentation and activities associated with specific projects that may arise, for example with respect to Business Development activities such as acquisitions or partnerships, or internal projects for the use of the COO.
- To liaise with the CEO’s office to ensure proper coordination and communication between these two most senior roles.
- Keep an up-to-date training curriculum for COO and review eGSOP release notifications upon receipt in order to advise COO of requirement to train on new/ updated policies and SOPs as necessary.
- Liaise with appropriate ABPI, EMG, EMIG and EUCOPE representatives as required for COO’s attendance at meetings.
Regular contact with staff in all Norgine departments and locations in order to provide, receive and co-ordinate information and obtain co-operation. Frequent contact with senior management throughout Norgine.
Regular contact with senior staff and/or their PAs from other pharmaceutical companies, professional advisors, consultants, politicians, civil servants, industry associations, external service providers and others, as necessary.
- Educated to Degree/“A” level standard.
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Able to produce accurate work under pressure.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency in, Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., with the ability to use mail, contacts, tasks and calendar.
- Ability to use internet and search engines effectively.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of travel planning and logistics.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience working in a similar position at senior level.