IT Engagement Manager
This role could be based in Harefield, Hengoed, Dreux or Reuil
The individual will be responsible for the assigned business functions and will be the instrumental link between the business functions and IT, fostering collaboration and ensuring IT to Business alignment. The individual will be responsible for ensuring Technology is at the heart of Business efficiency improvements utilising the most appropriate COTS solutions and leading the Business in the “art of the possible” through the use of Technology. Additionally ensuring that the IT Business solutions are supported, delivering the anticipated value and risk management is being performed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the area you manage and Business areas you work with to ensure significant contribution to the company achieving its goals.
- Work with IT Director and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Represent the business functions needs within IT and ensure that activities are aligned to Business needs and objectives.
- Manage relationships with business leaders, major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organisation.
- Driving standardisation of IT Applications to ensure that continual updates can be taken whilst working with stakeholders to accomplish this in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimises its ongoing support costs.
- Conduct regular surveys of stakeholder satisfaction with applications, publish the results and, where necessary, implement action plans to improve satisfaction.
- Managing the team to drastically reduce the implementation time for Projects whilst maintaining compliance and ensuring that systems operate as expected.
- Overseeing support activities in conjunction with other IT teams to ensure the applications perform as expected in production.
- Overseeing benefits realisation to ensure that business outcomes are achieved.
- Working with stakeholders to maintain a rolling 5 year plan of IT activity (projects, upgrades, support, analysis) that is appropriately aligned to the plans of the business function.
- Continual management and co-ordination of Risk and Compliance activities.
- Provide insight to the Business on ALL IT related matters, including communication and risk management to ensure that they are aware of IT plans and activities that might affect them.
- Manage the delivery of change projects that relate to the business functions.
- Oversight of all contractual IT service and delivery obligations and where necessary manage 3rd party suppliers to facilitate the delivery of IT systems and services to the business functions.
- Maintain an excellent level of understanding of the business model, processes and their support activities.
- The role is responsible for selecting application delivery modes and ensuring that cloud services and on premise services can interface effectively
The job holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the applications (including staffing, budgeting and other relevant management functions) and is required to hold all delivery teams accountable for optimising the cost, risk and value of applications throughout their life cycle.
- Strong experience in a similar role within a Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical company running an IT applications / operations / service team, demonstrating functional implementation and growth.
- Significant experience in Software implementation, application architecture, project management, software as a service (SaaS), software integration, automated software testing, data management/governance, business intelligence, and/or security.
- Experience managing the risk and cost implications of IT contracts or contract negotiations.
- Master Data Management definition, applications and governance, along with integration tools (EDI) and external orchestration suites.
- Data Warehousing and Analytics systems selection, implementation and management.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- Demonstrable capability to remain ‘hands-on’ in the short-term whilst also driving the function forwards as a leader.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Exceptional track record of change management.
- Experience transitioning an organisation from traditional practices to agile work management
- Experience in moving a company to digital with customer/patient connections and mobile applications
- Project Management experience, Lean IT, agile work management, application development, and DevOps principles and frameworks.