Packaging Team Leader
To ensure the safe and efficient packing of bulk products to defined specifications and quality standards within agreed schedules whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant legal requirements and guidelines through the effective control of packing teams.
To maintain compliance with all relevant legal requirements and guidelines including H&S, GMP, in packing areas by ensuring that team members and colleagues:
- Are informed about their legal and company responsibilities for maintaining a compliant environment
- Are given the opportunity to make recommendations for improving working conditions
- Are given sufficient support to enable them to work in a healthy, safe and productive way.
- Ensuring that audit schedules are adhered to
- All audit reports are closed out in a timely manner against defined procedures
- Audits are completed as required on all new equipment and processes
- Checking all production documentation for the correct completion of all data fields and reconciliation against defined procedures
- Identifying and reporting on all unusual occurrences against defined procedures
- Proposing recovery measures against unusual occurrences for approval by Operations Section Leader and QC Manager
- Ensuring recovery processes are completed effectively against a written instruction
- 5S activities are effectively led to ensure satisfactory audit scores
- Individuals have sufficient time to maintain their own training files
- To lead the work of the team to achieve objectives by ensuring that:
- Staff are effectively motivated towards the achievement of required activated
- Work plans and related activities are explained in sufficient detail and in a way which gains the support and commitment of those involved.
- Daily output targets are agreed with the team in line with agreed schedules and that these targets are met or plans to recover are proposed and agreed with relevant staff in a timely manner
- GMP and Health and Safety compliance requirements are understood and adhered to on a daily basis
- All information gathered is accurate, sufficient, timely and relevant to its purpose
- The way in which work is allocated takes full account of team members abilities, training and any development needs
- To contribute improvements in line performance by ensuring that:
- Improvement targets (i.e. OEE) are set in discussion with the Operations Section Leader
- Efforts towards continuous improvement are maintained
- Individuals are given the opportunity to contribute to continuous improvements
- Regular meetings are held, suggestions documented, and the proposed solutions discussed with the Operations Section leader
- Agreed improvements are implemented and documented
- To contribute to the development of individuals and the work team by ensuring that:
- Individuals are given the opportunity to help identify their own development needs
- Individuals are encouraged to contributed towards their own assessment
- They contribute to development activities by providing information, learning opportunities at work, direct instruction or other appropriate means
- They provide feedback on performance both on an informal, daily basis and during formalised appraisals twice a year
- They assess individuals at required times against the specified job requirements in an objective way based on sufficient, valid and reliable information using standard procedures and documentation
- Team working us re-enforced on a daily basis
- They have at all times a training plan for their staff based on individual and business needs
- They put forward clear, relevant and realistic recommendations for training and development activities for subsequent agreement with individuals and the Operations Section Leader
- To put forward recommendations on resource requirements and to monitor control the way in which resources are used by ensuring:
- Effective return to work interviews are completed in a timely manner according to defined procedures
- Absence and performance issues are effectively dealt with within the company policies to first line (verbal) disciplinary warnings
- Staff are actively managed in such a way as to reduce the likelihood of absence
- The allocation of suitably trained staff to equipment on a daily basis
- The production of documented shift and other work rotas through agreement within the Team Leader group
- Packing job cards accurately costed against defined procedures and finance staff are assisted in the investigation of labour and material variances
- Proposals are drafted for capital and other budgetary spend with suitable business cases as required by CAPEX procedures
- Proposals for future spend have been thoroughly thought out and take account of relevant past experience, trends and developments, are consistent with team objectives and company policies and clearly indicate the potential benefits expected from the planned use of resources
- Issues with resource levels are identified and recommendations made for corrective action to the relevant people in a timely manner
- To establish and maintain effective working relationship with the Operations Shift Leader, team members and other colleagues by ensuring that:
- Colleagues and team members are consulted about proposed activities at appropriate times and in a manner which encourages open discussions
- Colleagues and team members are informed about plans and activities, emerging threats and opportunities
- Colleagues and team members are treated in a manner which shows respect for the individual and the need for confidentiality
- Colleagues and team members are provided with commitments and promises which are honoured
- The Operations Section Leader is informed in a timely manner of any significant issues which may arise as part of the daily work
- Constructive efforts are made to resolve any disagreements and to maintain effective working relationships
- Prompt action is taken to resolve conflict between team members and relevant people are informed about conflict outside their direct area of responsibility
- Accurate records are kept of conflict and their outcomes, ensuring that they comply with confidentiality requirements and other organisational policies
- To collate and collect relevant information and to provide information and advice in ways which meets the demands of the recipient by ensuring that:
- Information gathered is accurate, sufficient and relevant to purpose, recorded and stored in accordance with appropriate systems and procedures and accessible in the required format to authorised people only
- They develop and present a reasoned case when providing advice to others when providing advice to others ensuring that the recipient’s understanding of the information and advice given is checked and confirmed, feedback is encouraged and confidentiality requirements are maintained.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
A sound knowledge of GMP principles.
A sound knowledge of GDP principles.
Application of Health and Safety principles.
Manual Handling skills and application.
An understanding of the chemicals being used and the necessary safety precautions to be taken when handling them