Application Support Analyst (M&S)
The IT Application Support Analyst is responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support on specified IT systems for employees remotely, over the phone and in person. Responsible for maintaining systems to ensure that they operate without issues and resolving issues when they arise. The job holder will be responsible for maintaining Systems/Applications which are used by the M&S and Quality functions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES & MAIN TASKS;
The job holder will be responsible for providing proactive IT support on the following key areas:
- Participating in Problem Management activities to determine root causes of incidents and developing work–around and permanent resolutions including reporting and trending.
- Supplier Management: Work closely with suppliers, ensuring an appropriate technical knowledge transfer and issue resolution occurs in order to provide an overall service.
- Routine maintenance activities such as server restarts, monitoring of system / application logs and general system housekeeping activities.
- Managing / participating with the full lifecycle of changes on allocated systems to ensure change requests are fulfilled according to company guidelines.
- Routine patching and upgrade activities to remain vigilant and managing end-of-life risk and wider implications of required changes/updates.
- Ensuring data has been backed up and able to be recovered to support defined RPO and RTO.
- Assisting Global Infrastructure Team with Disaster Recovery testing
- Licence management.
- Assisting with Periodic reviews of existing GxP Applications/Systems.
- Provide comprehensive support and end user documentation for existing systems and project implementations to improve support team knowledge and the end user experience.
- Fulfilling the role of Subject Matter Expert for all assigned technologies.
- Training end users and internal IT Service Delivery Team.
- Some out of hours working will be required as part of this role.
- Some travel may be required as part of this role.
- Key users and stakeholders within Development department.
- IT Team – Global Infrastructure and IT Service Delivery teams.
- Major Customers and Suppliers, as required.
- Direct Report - IT Engagement Manager.
- Matrix reporting - IT Global Business Analyst team (working on their projects and day-to-day support of their applications).
- IT Governance Staff (liaise for documentation and change management guidance).
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 5 years plus IT experience.
- Good understanding of IT technologies such as networking, Servers, desktop and adhoc application support.
- Good understanding on the manufacturing conversion process.
- Knowledge and experience of working in cross-functional, international project environments in matrix management structure.
- Knowledge and experience of working within GxP principles is an advantage.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Must possess a “can do” attitude and be enthusiastic with a positive outlook.
- Excellent planning, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with good literacy and numerical skills.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good Communication and documentation skills.
Desirable experience in the following areas:
- Appreciation of Dispensing systems and ERP systems.
- Appreciation of serialisation.